Here is a recipe that I found for a crustless cheesecake that sounds simple, delicious, AND is gluten-free. I can’t wait to try this one!
Almond Cheesecake with Champagne-Honey Sauce
2 bricks (8-ounce) of cream cheese, plus 2 extra ounces
1 cup of sugar
3 ounces (6 Tablespoons) of crème fraîche
3 ounces (6 Tablespoons) of heavy cream
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sliced almonds, toasted
1/3 cup of honey, plus 2 extra Tablespoons
1 cup of Champagne
1 sprig of fresh mint, slice the leaves into thin strips
Fresh strawberries or raspberries for the garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees. Line an 8-inch cake pan with plastic wrap.
2. Beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Scrape the bowl and add the sugar; mix again until smooth. Scrape the bowl again and continue to mix until the batter is smooth and creamy.
3. On low speed, add the crème fraîche and heavy cream. Scrape the bowl and mix for 30 seconds. Add the egg and vanilla and mix just long enough to incorporate the ingredients.
4. Pour the batter into the cake pan. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top. Place the cake pan on a baking tray, place the tray in the oven, and fill with as much boiling water as possible.
5. Bake for 90-100 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is firm Remove from the oven and cool. Refrigerate for several hours before attempting to de-pan the cheesecake.
To de-pan, carefully invert the cake pan and remove the pan. Remove the plastic wrap and gently invert the cheesecake again onto your serving plate. Top with the Champagne-Honey Sauce and garnish with the fresh berries of your choice.
Heat 1/3 cup of honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the honey begins to bubble, add the champagne and reduce the liquid to 1/2 cup. Cool slightly and add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of cold honey and the mint (if desired). Pour into a jar and refrigerate until you are ready to serve (up to one week).
Source: Cooking from the Heart, Chef Christopher Gross.