Do you like coffee? Do you like chocolate? Then you will love this super simple cheesecake.
Layered Mocha Cheesecake
1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
1/4 cup of butter, melted
2 Tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 Tablespoon hot water
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (12-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 Tablespoons of butter
Chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional)
1. Wrap a greased 9-inch springform pan in heavy-duty foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of the pan. In another bowl mix the coffee granules, hot water, and cinnamon and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs and beat on low speed just until combined.
4. Divide the batter in half. Stir the melted chocolate into one portion and pour over the crust. Stir the coffee mixture into the remaining batter and spoon over the chocolate layer. Place the springform pan in a large baking pan and add one inch of hot water to the larger pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until the center is just set and the top appears dull. Remove the springform pan from the water bath and remove the foil. Cool the cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the sides of the pan and cool one hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove from the pan and prepare the glaze: in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter and stir until smooth. Spread over the top of the cheesecake. Top with coffee beans (if desired).