I’m not sure about you, but Olive Garden’s Pasta e Fagioli is simply out of this world. Here is a wonderful recipe for this fabulous soup that you can create at home.
Pasta e Fagioli
1 pound of ground beef
1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
1 large carrot, julienned (1 cup)
3 stalks of celery, chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
1 can (15-ounce) red kidney beans (with the liquid)
1 can (15-ounce) great northern beans (with the liquid)
1 can (15-ounce) tomato sauce
1 can (12-ounce) V-8 juice
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1-1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of basil
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
1/2 pound of ditali pasta
1. Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Drain off most of the fat.
2. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except the pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
4. About 50 minutes into the simmering, cook the pasta in 1-1/2 to 2 quarts of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or just until the pasta is al dente, or slightly tough and drain.
5. Add the pasta to the large pot of soup. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more and serve.