A Bit of Sarcasm!
I tend to use sarcasm as a form of humor, but sometimes I overdo it and my comments can come across as cruel, so I’m trying to work on not being such a mordant comedian.
\ mawr-dnt \; adjective,
1. sharply caustic or sarcastic, as wit or a speaker; biting.
2. burning; corrosive.
3. having the property of fixing colors, as in dyeing.
4. a substance used in dyeing to fix the coloring matter, especially a metallic compound, as an oxide or hydroxide, that combines with the organic dye and forms an insoluble colored compound or lake in the fiber.
5. an adhesive substance for binding gold or silver leaf to a surface.
6. an acid or other corrosive substance used in etching to eat out thelines, areas, etc.
8. to impregnate or treat with a mordant
Tags: General Musings, Mordant, Sarcasm, Vocabulary