Happy Saturday! I just ran across a recipe involving two of my favorite foods (shrimp and bacon) that I can’t wait to try (courtesy of http://www.simplyrecipes.com and Elise Bauer).
1 pound of shrimp (raw, peeled and deveined – tail on)
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
Zest from 1 lime
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspon of chipotle/chili powder (adjust to your liking)
6-10 strips of thin bacon, cut in half (have as many pieces of bacon as you have pieces of shrimp)
Skewers (for grilling) or toothpicks (for oven)
4 cups of water
1/4 cup of kosher salt
1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of ice
Directions (abbreviated, here’s the full descriptive recipe)
1. Toss shrimp with lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, chipotle/chili powder.
2. Partially cook the bacon.
3. Prepare the grill or preheat the oven.
4. Wrap the shrimp with the bacon.
5. Secure the bacon to the shrimp with skewers if grilling, toothpicks if cooking in the oven.
6. Grill or bake the shrimp.
Source: http://www.simplyrecipes.com (Elise Bauer)