In the July /August issue of the AARP Bulletin, several experts offer tips and tricks that will help you save money in a variety of categories: travel, technology, home, finance, style, food, fun, getting there, health, and entertainment. Part 2 will be the technology category (tips courtesy of Michael Calore [senior editor, Wired] and David Pogue [founder of Yahoo Tech and author, Pogue’s Basics]).
13. Don’t overpay for cables.
14. Don’t throw away money on inferior earbuds.
15. Get expert budget picks (Reviewed.com, TheWirecutter.com, TheSweetHome.com).
16. Know the best time to buy tech.
17. Don’t buy a 4K TV yet.
18. Book last-minute hotel rooms via your smartphone.
19. 911 always works.
20. Keep ink flowing (heat toner cartridge with hair dryer).
21. Free music “speaker” (put cell phone — speaker end — in mug).
Source: AARP Bulletin, July/August 2016, p. 22.