The fun fact for today . . . did you know that 150,000 gallons of water pour over the Niagara Falls per second?
To add some more fun facts to the mix (courtesy of the October 2016 issue of Runner’s World) that will tie in with running as well as the upcoming Niagara Falls International Marathon (October 30, 2016).
- .32 = the average amount of water, in gallons, that a runner sweats out per hour.
- 4:19 = the median time it takes to finish a marathon.
- 1.38 = the approximate amount of sweat, in gallons, that a runner perspires in the course of running a marathon.
- 721 = the number of finishers at the 2015 Niagara Falls International Marathon.
- 995 = the number of gallons sweated out at the 2015 Niagara Falls International Marathon.
- 151 = the number of years the race needs to be held before marathon runners sweat out one second’s worth of Niagara Falls’ output.