I recently read a book entitled: Everything Happens for a Reason: Finding the True Meaning of the Events in Our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum. The author offers us a list of ten basic “reasons” that things happen; Ms. Kirshenbaum posits one underlying principle behind these reasons: “the good that comes out of the bad things that happen to you is to help you become your best most authentic self.” The reasons:
- To help you feel at home in the world.
- To help you totally accept yourself.
- To show you that you can let go of fear.
- To bring you to the place where you can feel forgiveness.
- To help you uncover your true hidden talent.
- To give you what you need to find true love.
- To help you become stronger.
- To help you discover the play in life.
- To show you how to live with a sense of mission
- To help you become a truly good person.
I really do believe that things happen for a reason and this book has provided a framework for this that I can get my head around to help make sense of the why!
Source: Everything Happens for a Reason by Mira Kirshenbaum