Happy St. Patrick’s Day! And Happy Friday! In honor of the patron saint of Ireland, today’s fun fact(s) will center on all things Irish. Did you know . . .
- that the average height of Irish men is 5’8″?
- that the average height of Irish women is 5’5″?
- that 90% of Irish nationals are Catholic? (Only 30% of which ever attended church.)
- that the Irish have the lowest number of UFO sightings in all of Europe (per year)?
- that 73% of all Americans cannot locate Ireland on a map?
- that only 9% of the Irish population are natural redheads?
- that May is generally the driest month of the year in Ireland?
- that 57% of Irish people wear glasses or contact lenses?
- that cats now outnumber dogs (2 to 1) as the most popular pet in Ireland?
- that there is one pub for every one hundred persons in Dublin?
- that a song can top the Irish music charts if it sells 5,000 copies?
- that a book can top the Irish bestsellers list if it sells 3,000 copies?
- that the River Shannon is the longest river in Ireland or Britain?