What’s not to like? This sounds like a truly decadent dessert that I will just have to give a whirl one of these days. I don’t remember where I ran across this recipe (so my apologies for not providing proper attribution).
Triple Chocolate Brownie-Mousse
¾ cup of butter
1 (4-oz) bittersweet dark chocolate baking bar, chopped
1-1/2 cups OF sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup of all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
MILK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1/2 a package (12-oz) of milk chocolate morsels (1 cup)
¼ cup of creamy peanut butter
1 cup of heavy cream
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1 cup of white chocolate morsels
1-1/4 cup of heavy cream, divided
8 large paper clips
Heavy-duty aluminum foil
Garnish: shaved chocolate
1. To prepare the brownies: preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and the sides of a 13×9-inch pan with aluminum foil (allowing 2-3 inches to extend over the sides); lightly grease the foil with cooking spray. Microwave the butter and the bittersweet chocolate in a large bowl on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or just until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time whisking just until blended after each addition. Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Pour mixture into your prepared pan.
2. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Lift the brownies from the pan using the foil handles. Cut 8 circles using a 3” round cutter.
3. To prepare the milk chocolate mousse: microwave the milk chocolate morsels and the peanut butter in a small glass bowl on medium power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool 5 minutes.
4. Beat 1 cup of heavy cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold the whipped cream into the milk chocolate mixture. Chill while you make the white chocolate mousse.
5. To prepare the white chocolate mousse: microwave the white chocolate morsels and ¼ a cup of cream in a small glass bowl on medium power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool 5 minutes.
6. Beat the remaining 1 cup of cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture. Chill while you prepare the foil molds for step 7.
7. To assemble the stacks: wash and dry your paper clips. Cut heavy-duty aluminum foil into 8 strips (6 x 10-inch each) . Fold each piece in half to form a 3 x 10-inch strip. Wrap each strip around a 3-inch diameter can (this helps create a smooth curve). Wrap 1 curved strip around each brownie and secure with a large paper clip. Immediately spoon the milk chocolate mousse into a ziplock bag (do not seal). Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole (about ½ inch). Pipe the mousse onto brownies, dividing the mixture evenly. Use a small spoon to gently level them. Repeat the procedure with the white chocolate mousse. Chill for at least 2 hours before removing the foil and serving.